Human Resources Assistant
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 10600467 Date posted 01/17/2019 Location Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin Job Type Full-time - Regular
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Answer office phone and walk-in questions and direct calls to correct person. Ensure customers, guests and Pack Members are treated in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assist Human Resource Manager in recruiting. Assist applicants with application process.
- Conduct phone screenings for potential candidates and set up interviews.
- Responsible for tracking and recording employment applications to include applicant preferred position and source of referral, then forming weekly and/or monthly written report for Human Resource Director.
- Support Human Resource with clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Assist in training Wolfology, our orientation program, as well as other Pack Member training sessions. Class size up to 15 Pack Members.
- Track training certifications.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing Human Resource and Training projects.
- Support the HR Team with Pack Member benefits programs by studying related programs, preparing Pack Member benefits packages for mail, and maintaining Pack Member insurance/medical files.
- Supports the HR Team in the maintenance Pack Member records, past and current including but not limited to: Personnel Files, I-9, EEOC, Worker's Compensation, Drug Screening, Incident Files, and Health Files.
- Supports the HR Team in data entry for the HRIS system.
- Main point of contact to fulfill and track Pack Member Lodge requests.
- Distribute and track Pack Member certificates.
- Assist Human Resource Manager in retention events and facilitation of the Spirit Team.
- And all other duties as assigned
- At least 1 year of previous HR work experience, HR Training, or HR Education
- Superior organizational skills.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Able to work collectively with the administrative team members.
- Must be a self starter/self-motivated with good work ethic.
- Ability to compose memos, correspondence and other documentation.
- Ability to accommodate the needs of the Director and Manager.
- Ability to lift 30lbs.
- Ability to stand/sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stretch and twist.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.