JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 9599720 Date posted 10/10/2018 Location Williamsburg, Virginia Job Type Full-time - Regular
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Manage and direct the preparation and presentation of all foods in all venues of the Lodge.
- Maintain and follow all local Health Department food preparation codes and regulations.
- Ensure all food preparation licenses and training (as required) is maintained by all pack members.
- Hire, train, supervise, schedule and participate in activities of chefs, cooks, and other pack members involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with merchandising and productivity standards, cost controls and forecast needs.
- Listen actively and communicate clearly while interacting with guests to promote food products and directing staff activities.
- Analyze feedback from guests and pack members, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement.
- Maintain working rapport with all hotel staff for efficient operation and service to guests.
- Monitor staff performance, product quality and production flow; foster improvement where necessary.
- Create and implement new menus and individual menu items for all outlets based on current food trends, regional demographics and in accordance with revenue and profitability goals.
- Develop innovative menu selections for special banquet themes and parties in accordance with client budgetary considerations and expectations.
- Confer with Director of Food and Beverage regarding new selections and changes.
- Audit food storeroom items and storage to maintain consistent quality products using FIFO (first in, first out) and ensure adherence to all health code requirements.
- Maintain controls and tracking of high value items (proteins such as steaks, bacon and sausage, etc.).
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of programs that assures a safe facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations-Food Safety, Ergonomics, Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Director in estimating annual food budget and controllable expenditures.
- Expert knowledge of safe food preparation techniques and methods.
- Exceptional palate to detect flavor samples and to recommend flavor profile adjustments.
- Extensive knowledge of menu development, cost and wage control.
- Thorough knowledge of kitchen equipment, food products, standard recipes, and proper preparation.
- Ability to analyze budget, forecast, and actual data.
- Able to manage adjustments to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to supervise large, diverse staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to conduct meetings, menu briefings and maintain communication lines between line staff and Food and Beverage Director.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to distinguish product, taste, texture and presentation and observe preparation, making recommendations for improvements.
- Artistic ability to create theme menus, ideas for ice carvings, decorations, etc.
- Culinary education degree preferred. Solid hotel and/or entertainment experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.