JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 12549264 Date posted 07/12/2019 Location Williamsburg, Virginia Job Type Full-time - Regular
The Banquet Server exemplifies high dining standards of presentation, set up, and service. The Banquet Server interacts in a friendly and efficient manner with all guests while serving food and beverages.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Read, interpret and follow with Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and follow instruction for service from Banquet Captain and/or Manager
- Participate in event setup including; moving and setting tables and chairs, buffet setup, side stations, etc.
- Prepare table settings, condiments, beverages, etc. for the function as dictated
- Communicate with Banquet Captain and/or Manager throughout the function to notify them of changes, special requests, or dietary restrictions to ensure guest satisfaction
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with all function guest to ensure exceptional dining experience
- Deliver food and beverages in a timely, efficient, and professional manner
- Ensure all assigned side-work and pre-work needed for future events is completed before leaving
- Participate in the clean up after all functions including; floors, dishes, equipment and supplies have been properly cleaned and stored as appropriate
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Some High School education or equivalent
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling based on business demands
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Previous server experience
- Proven teamwork
- Projects professional image that inspires trust and confidence
- Enthusiastic and positive energy
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand for long periods of time