Maintenance Technician II (Groundskeeper)Apply Now Job ID MAINT09932 Date posted 11/09/2020 Location Traverse City, Michigan Job Type Full Time
Job Summary: The Engineer 2 oversees the day to day engineering operations in the lodge. This includes but is not limited to project management, general life safety, ordering, working with vendors. Responsible for completing preventative maintenance and repairs through-out the hotel guestrooms, public spaces, equipment, buildings & grounds.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment (e.g., pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Assure each day's activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Ensures that all work performed is conducted in a safe and timely manner adhering to standards of safety and effective equipment utilization.
- Maintains working knowledge of departmental safety procedures. Attends safety-training programs and in-service as required for continued development.
- Maintains the necessary service records on mechanical and structural systems.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are followed for park operation, employee relations, timekeeping and safety. Including ensuring all daily, weekly and monthly documentation is being completed.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by the Enineering Supervisor.
- Technical Degree
- Technical Training
- Trade Related Certifications
- Hospitality, Healthcare or related industry experience
- Trade related certifications preferred in HVAC and/or Electrical
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance. Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Computer skills including knowledge of database software, internet software, order processing systems, Microsoft Office suite.
- Valid Driver's License