JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 12850244 Date posted 08/08/2019 Location Traverse City, Michigan Job Type Part-time - Regular
At Great Wolf, the Confectionary Baker is a creative person who ensures we offer fresh and delicious goods to our guests on a daily basis. The Baker is responsible for the production and decorating of all baked and finished goods.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Determines variety and quantity of goods to bake by reviewing production schedule
- Prepares dough by measuring and mixing ingredients, forming, cutting and molding dough
- Prepares dough for baking by placing shaped dough in greased or floured pans, spreading or sprinkling toppings and inserting pans into oven to bake
- Bakes dough by adjusting drafts or thermostatic controls to regulate oven temperature
- Cools baked goods by removing from oven, cooling and removing from pans
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying ingredients, requisitioning supplies, and verifying receipt when received
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling based on business demands
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Previous baking training and/or experience
- Ability to follow English written instruction for the operation of baking and finishing equipment.
- Awareness of necessary preventative measures required to ensure a clean food preparation area. Working towards your bakers/culinary degree
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand for long periods of time