Director of Retail Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 10403970 Date posted 01/02/2019 Location Scotrun, Pennsylvania Job Type Full-time - Regular
Job Purpose: To oversee daily organizational operations of all facets of the Retail, Attractions & Spa Services Department.
Job Summary: Manages staff; achieves operational objectives; prepares budget and controls expenses; controls costs; maximizes retail profitability.
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Responsible for the strategic planning and development of the Retail and Spa Services department.
- Responsible for the daily operation of all retail areas including gift shops, spa and kids spa, arcade, MagiQuest, gift packages and parties, tattoos, lockers, owned and partner attractions, vending, leases and any other revenue producing venues.
- Oversees all merchandising functions including store display and design, inventory, tracking and analyzing, merchandise purchasing, par levels and pricing, merchandise/materials sourcing.
- Develops and manages labor, COS, and expense budgets. Responsible for monthly forecasts for the department and profit and loss review
- Manages staff of managers, supervisors, leads, packmembers to including interviewing, hiring, employee-training programs, scheduling, evaluations and employee relations.
- Oversees sales functions including POS system, EMBED arcade system, spa scheduling system, cash handling, budgets and daily reporting.
- Oversee Market Metrix scores to deliver excellent guest service
- Directly oversee spa services promoting extraordinary service, health, beauty and relaxation. Responsible for ensuring proper licensing and sanitation per state and local law is achieved at all times.
- Develops, implements, and monitors programs assuring a safe facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations--Ergonomics, Emergency Responses, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs.
- Assists the General Manager in every day operations of the Resort with scheduled Manager on Duty shifts
- Assures the Retail Services and Spa Department achieve the highest standards in areas of cleanliness, presentation and service.
- Charismatic leader who adjusts leadership style to motivate diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcomes challenges. Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve success beyond expectations
- Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals. Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance
- Takes an exhaustive approach to every task. Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning and implementations of every work task
- Must have excellent communication and team skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with professional demeanor
- Four-year college degree or extensive experience in Retail Management equivalent.
- Prior multiple-outlet/location management experience
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds with bending and stretching
- Able to sit and/or stand for periods of time.