Dir, Food & BeverageApply Now Job ID DIRFO05597 Date posted 10/15/2020 Location Scotrun, Pennsylvania Job Type Full Time
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the strategic planning and development of the Food & Beverage Department within the Resort Revenue Services Department.
- Responsible for building a consistent restaurant brand that makes us unique with simple inviting menus that are entertaining and fun.
- Oversees Corporate Directors in their responsibilities. Dotted line responsibility over all resort Food & Beverage Directors and Executive Chefs.
- Analyzes on a monthly basis all P&L responsibilities including Revenues, Labor, Expense and Cost of Sales numbers per lodge and restaurant and works to make them more profitable.
- Determines menu selections, recipes, pricing, margins & profit for all venues. Establish operational procedures and menu for breakfast buffet, lunch menus, dinner selections, children's menus and value added items. Responsible for Menu Engineering with the Creative department.
- Responsible for all guest service and management training including DIRT, Outlet Training, Culinary Training, Sanitation Training, Outlet Training, and Front of House Training.
- Establishes front of the house expectations including cleanliness, flow of customers, table turn, check distribution, etc.
- Responsible for all food preparation and presentation. Train Culinary staff to prep for business, cook using menu traditions, expedite orders from the kitchen, keep food costs down, rotate stock, kitchen sanitation and cleanliness. Establish expectations of all kitchens.
- Determine kitchen equipment needs, determines China, small wares and expense items, including uniforms, linens, and printed items
- Create profit categories in appetizers, deserts and drinks. Train suggestive selling to servers.
- Work with Sysco or other national purveyor to determine food purchasing, control costs, distribution, ENutrition and Allergy brands.
- Establish food partnerships. Use purchasing power to create revenues.
- Works with Group Sales to design all Catering Function Menus, costs, and operations.
- Works as a support center and liaison for all properties in regards to all facets of the Revenue Services Department. Works to keep operating practices consistent or works to make them consistent among the properties.
- Develops or approves Food & Beverage Department Traditions
- Creates entertainment venues in the restaurants. Create brand consistency and uniqueness.
- Responsible for the roll-out and installation of all new capital projects including coordinating schedule, purchasing, traditions and operations.
- Develops, implements, and monitors programs assuring a safe facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations-Ergonomics, Emergency Responses, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communication Programs.
- Assures Food & Beverage areas achieve the highest standards in areas of cleanliness, presentation and service.
- Responsible to Great Wolf Resorts as an ethical employee, purchasing & operating in the best interest of the company.
- Provide support to all locations in an operational manner. Act as a professional team leader representing the Resort Revenue Services Department in all management aspects. Must be willing to travel for new openings, assist in annual property visits, and roll-out of new systems, training & inventories.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Charismatic leader who adjusts leadership style to motivate diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcomes challenges. Inspires and motivates team members to work together to achieve success.
- Must have excellent communication and team skills.
- 4 year College Degree
- Extensive experience in Food & Beverage in theme park, restaurant or resort management required.
- Prior multiple-location management experience.
- Track record of leading teams to achieve extraordinary goals. Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve beyond expectations.
- Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals. Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Lift up to 30 lbs., bending, stretching.
- Ability to sit and or stand for long periods of time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Check Out Our Poconos, PA Lodge
Check Out These Opportunities In Our Pack!
- Food and Beverage Attendant PT Days $11/Hr Gurnee, Illinois
- Food and Beverage Attendant FT Days $11/Hr Gurnee, Illinois
- Public Area Attendant Scottsdale, Arizona
- Public Area Attendant Scotrun, Pennsylvania
- Mgr, Waterpark Maint Kansas City, Kansas
- Housekeeping Supervisor (Full Time - $18.50 per hour) Scottsdale, Arizona