Snack Bar Cook
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 13260692 Date posted 09/09/2019 Location Mason, Ohio Job Type Full-time - Regular
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Provides food preparation assistance by washing, peeling, cutting, and seeding vegetables and fruits; cleaning, cutting, and grinding meats, poultry, and seafood, and other preparation duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Prepares all foods according to recipe, tasting and adjusting flavor profile with assistance from supervisor(s).
- Follows safe food handling practices and procedures.
- Controls recipes by weighing and measuring designated ingredients.
- Assists Chef(s) in his/her food preparation duties by carrying pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator, as directed.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by cleaning work areas, equipment and utensils; segregating and removing garbage; steam-cleaning or hosing garbage containers; following sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies and foodstuffs ready by inventorying stock; requisitioning supplies and foodstuffs; verifying receipt; storing.
- Enhances kitchen and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Promotes team spirit and works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
- Has perfect attendance and can be trusted to handle a high level of responsibility.
- Dedicated to exceeding quality standards and providing products and services of the highest caliber.
- Inspires others with enthusiasm and positive energy.
- Places high priority on personal and professional growth. Keeps knowledge and skills current through continued education, reading industry journals, and participating in professional organizations.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. Prioritizes and performs a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
- Thorough understanding of sanitation-related issues. Takes all precautions and preventative measures necessary to ensure a clean and safe food preparation environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.