Banquet CaptainApply Now Job ID BANQU13019 Date posted 06/22/2021 Location Manteca, California Job Type Full Time
Banquet Captain ($22.00 Hourly - Full Time)
At Great Wolf, the Banquet Captain is responsible for ensuring the overall satisfaction for event and meeting guests. The Banquet Captain oversees a team of banquet set-up and servers, serves food and beverages to banquet guests and takes food and beverage orders when there are not enough servers present.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, supervise and participate in set-up to include; moving/setting tables and chairs, buffet set-up, bar set-up, preparation of condiments, labeling of stations, anticipating beverage needs, etc.
- Assist Banquet Manager in administrative and personnel related matters, including; scheduling, time clock reviews, overtime, performance, discipline, investigations, training and development, etc.
- Read and interpret Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and follow instructions from Banquet Manager
- Facilitate and lead departmental meetings such as pre-meal and post-meal briefings
- Possess a deep understanding of each event and function as the point of contact for that detail
- Establish the Order of Service and follow service standards as directed by the Banquet Manager and/or the Conference Center Family Traditions and maintain event timing to ensure service occurs properly and in a timely manner
- Assign service stations to banquet servers, anticipating good, balanced working teams
- Ensure all assigned side-work and pre-work needed for future events is completed before leaving
- Supervise and inspect the clean up after all functions including; floors, dishes, equipment and supplies have been properly cleaned and stored as appropriate
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience as a server
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling based on business demands
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Previous Banquet experience
- Prior Banquet Captain Experience
- Strong leadership skills and proven teamwork
- Projects professional image that inspires trust and confidence
- Enthusiastic and positive energy
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand for long periods of time