Accounting Associate (Full Time)Apply Now Job ID 17992 Date posted 05/21/2020 Location Manteca, California Job Type Full-time - Regular
At Great Wolf the Accounting Associate performsa variety of general accounting functions including work with General Ledger, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Cash, and Controls. The Accounting Associate will assist the Lodge Director of Finance with work related to the preparation and maintenance of financial records, and auditing of financial transactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for oversight of the property's Cash Machine, including preparing consolidated cash deposits received by all cash handling employees and documenting, maintaining and communicating cash variances to appropriate level of management.
- Support the Director of Finance with purchasing and expense management as needed.
- Assist the Director of Finance with internal control reviews.
- Daily reconciliation of credit card transaction activities.
- Manage and safeguard the company credit card, and reconcile purchases.
- Complete month-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
- Assist in managing company contracts and licenses.
Basic Qualifications & Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years prior accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Strong basic math and verbal/written communication skills.
- Prior experience with computers, data entry, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling based on business demands.
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
Desired Qualifications & Traits:
- Associates degree (or higher) in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration preferred.
- 1 or more years prior theme park or hospitality industry experience preferred.
- Prior experience with Opera and/or Sun Accounting system preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Task-oriented work methods.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Able to lift up to 20lbs
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time