Senior Sales Manager
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 6822287 Date posted 01/12/2018 Location LaGrange, Georgia Job Type Full-time - Regular
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Generates group sales business and meets budgetary goals through all appropriate sales channels.
- Targets results-oriented high revenue potential sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan.
- Generates business from telemarketing, appointments, site visits, cold calls and general inquiries via email/phone.
- Uses peak hours to "sell" and the non-peak hours to do account maintenance tasks.
- Keeps accounts current and records prospects and accounts by creating tracing system for callbacks, release dates, future meetings, etc.
- Tracks all contact data in OPERA.
- Maintains relationships and a cadence of communication with all accounts to maintain top of mind awareness.
- Assists in the preparation of group room blocks forecasts.
- Submits a weekly report to the DOS.
- Prepares group proposals as well as sales materials and contracts.
- Responsible for group room and catering revenue and PPC/Qualified Discount goals that make up overall revenue budget for lodge.
- Provide valuable market information.
- Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
- Exercise appropriate authority to negotiate pricing for Meeting Room Rental and Audio Visual.
- Provides consultation/advice to clients on all aspects of lodge facilities and services when proposing and contracting groups and events.
- Monitors room blocks and communicates with appropriate property personnel on a weekly basis regarding group room pick-ups, rooming lists, etc.
- Creates and updates quarterly action plans outlining business objectives and Annual WIGS.
- Represents the lodge in investigating and resolving any group complaints or conflicts including, but not limited to, billing issues, misplaced items, and contract discrepancies.
- Assist in the supervision, control and administration of the entire Sales staff.
- Hires, trains, motivates and provides guidance on a daily basis to members of the Lodge sales team.
- Conducts annual performance/contribution assessments with those members of the sales team.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Four-year college degree and hotel, resort and/or theme park background a plus.
- Demonstrates an above average attention to detail including excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong administrative skills including a command of all MS Office products.
- Ability to develop rapport with prospects as well as fellow team members and management.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships.
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.