JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 13112169 Date posted 08/27/2019 Location Kansas City, Kansas Job Type Full-time - Regular
At Great Wolf, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of equipment ensuring functionality that meets all required quality standards, resulting in maximum operating time and customer satisfaction. These systems include, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); lighting; waste management; security and fire protection.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adheres to preventative maintenance schedule for equipment, performs repairs or escalates as necessary, reports necessary changes
- Conducts daily inspections of mechanical systems and attractions; perform general maintenance and repairs as necessary
- Documents maintenance actions, including system or equipment irregularities that require monitoring
- Installs and maintains climate control and lighting systems and associated backup systems
- Maintains security and fire protection systems and associate backup systems
- Responsible for the cleanliness and safe operation of the resort areas
- Works professionally with park management, team members, and guests
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in general maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, or electrical system maintenance
- Successful completions of criminal background check and drug screen
- Availability to work flexible hours and varied shifts including weekends and holidays, as required
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Expert at hands-on equipment maintenance
- Able to develop, implement, and monitor programs that adhere to all appropriate regulations, including: Ergonomics, Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Able to climb multiple flights of stairs on daily basis and walk frequently