Director of Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 8112778 Date posted 05/16/2018 Location Kansas City, Kansas Job Type Full-time - Regular
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Accomplishes engineering human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies and procedures; implementing recruitment selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops engineering organizational strategies by contributing engineering information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing engineering objectives.
- Establishes engineering operational strategies by evaluating engineering trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing engineering systems.
- Develops engineering financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Determines engineering project feasibility by conferring with other organization directors; identifying requirements and resource utilization; studying available technology; conferring with engineering consultants; completing cost-benefit studies; estimating costs.
- Maintains uninterrupted operations by coordinating provision and backup of supplied utilities.
- Accomplishes engineering projects by planning, assembling, and managing resources; planning and controlling changeover.
- Provides technical information by analyzing operational problems, collecting, analyzing, and summarizing technical data and trends.
- Guides organizational actions by initiating and enforcing engineering policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking updates in regulations and codes; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Thinks globally of the business and its opportunities.
- Develops long-term strategies for growth.
- Exhibits extensive business knowledge to integrate and develop sound budgets.
- Responsible for profit and loss responsibility for an organization.
- Forecasts and monitors budgets against financial goals.
- Senior management experience.
- Skills include strategic planning, influencing others, and supporting organizational change.
- Possesses proven track record for maintaining high-quality standards for the organization.
- Understands key process issues and makes sure process improvements happen.
- Establishes best practice standards including developing policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Experience managing multiple teams of technical employees through projects.
- Deep understanding of technology developed through real-world experience in a variety of settings.
- Experience with engineering design.
- BA or equivalent experience.
- Plumbing License, Certified Pool & Spa (CPO) License, Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Certified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.