JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 10442524 Date posted 01/05/2019 Location Gurnee, Illinois Job Type Full-time - Regular
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Identifies current and future patron service requirements by establishing personal contact and rapport with potential and actual customers and other personas in a position to understand service requirements.
- Develops operational guidelines by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains dining room staff by recruiting, selecting, orientating, and training employees.
- Prepares dining room staff by introducing menus and teaching food presentation techniques; conducting food and wine tastings; giving instruction in etiquette and serving techniques.
- Maintains dining room staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Assists in welcoming patrons by exchanging pleasantries, escorting them to dining area; seating them; presenting and introducing menus; announcing waitperson's name.
- Maintains dining room ambiance by inspecting and monitoring serving stations, table linens, floors, seating, lighting, and music.
- Protects dining room assets by adhering to security policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports for facility management by identifying patron service requirements; observing and recording patron reactions to meals; beverages, and restaurant environment.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Designs the organization for optimal customer service.
- Promotes excellence by providing superior service to each customer.
- Charismatic leader who adjusts leadership style to motivate diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcome challenges.
- Expects excellence from others and tolerates no less.
- Inspires people to accomplish the extraordinary.
- Develops detailed, realistic, and comprehensive plans that support organizational objectives.
- Effectively allocates resources and time across groups or departments.
- Track record of leading teams to achieve extraordinary goals.
- Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve beyond expectations.
- Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals.
- Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Takes an exhaustive approach to every task.
- Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning, and implementation of every work effort.
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of programs that assure a safe facility and work environment that is incompliance with all appropriate regulations--Ergonomics, Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Completes several concurrent tasks.
- Ability to develop rapport with client management and maintain strong working relationships.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Ability to lift 30lbs.
- Ability to stand/sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stretch and twist.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.