JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 11612877 Date posted 04/19/2019 Location Gurnee, Illinois Job Type Full-time - Regular
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Assist the ADOH in coordinating the training of new employees and provides continued training for current employees.
- Oversees an assigned designated area and ensures the area meets resort and/or condominium standards.
- Checks unoccupied rooms to insure accuracy of housekeeping and front office reports. Inspects clean rooms for cleanliness, supplies, maintenance problems (complete work orders), and temperature.
- Ensures linen storage rooms, trash rooms, and housekeeping carts are clean, organized, and properly inventoried for next day's activities.
- Ensures combustible substances are removed from storage areas.
- Assures that corridors, vending areas, and stairways clean and free of obstructions (furniture, dishes, etc.).
- Supervises staff and assists Supervisors with personnel.
- Investigates and reports inappropriate behavior by staff, guests or suspicious persons.
- Assist Director Of Housekeeping in education and development of supervisory team.
- Ensures staff members report in and cleared before departing resort.
- Turns over all vacant and clean rooms; verifies occupied rooms; reports early check outs; communicates issues and discrepancies with front office.
- Assure that all room statuses are correct before "end of day" procedures are complete.
- Assures that productivity meets guest and company expectations.
- Assists Director of Housekeeping with inventory procedures.
- Must work a schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must create and maintain documents with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Previous experience in hospitality management required.
- Will demonstrate knowledge of housekeeping procedures including sanitation, floor care, operations, and guest service.
- Will work with a routine and stick to it.
- Will work both independently and as part of a team.
- Stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Work from a stooping or kneeling position.
- Perform the following repetitive duties: Bend from the waist, twist upper body from side to side, reach arms above head, lift and/or carry at least 30 lbs., and move up to 150 lbs.
- Work with cleaning chemicals and solvents.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.