JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 13192559 Date posted 09/04/2019 Location Grapevine, Texas Job Type Part-time - Regular
At Great Wolf, the Nail Technician makes our guests look and feel their best, boosting self-esteem through a variety of nail care services. The Nail Technician will ensure clients leave the spa relaxed and revitalized.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures and implements all Spa Ritual traditions and standards.
- Performs all nail care services and Scooops facials, as licensed, to the highest level of professionalism.
- Ensures spa atmosphere remains consistent with brand, has excellent knowledge of all spa services and retail.
- Has excellent knowledge of the nails and skin and can adapt each treatment according to the needs of the guest.
- Is knowledgeable on proper nail and cuticle care techniques and any contraindications.
- Remains updated on how to perform each treatment with consistency and industry trends.
- Participates in regularly scheduled nail and spa team meetings and cross-training opportunities.
- Entertains guests ages 3-12 for Scooops children spa services.
- Maintains fun, upbeat and age appropriate environment in Scooops while maintaining highest level of professionalism.
- Educates and sells retail to guest and meets all retail sales goals.
- Ensures spa reception area, serenity room, and treatment rooms are clean and maintained.
- Promotes spa and services as assigned in lodge and community
- Ensures all state and company sanitation requirements are met and followed
- Current with the industry trends
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Diploma from approved nail/cosmetology program
- Holds current state manicurist or cosmetology license
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of spa software
- Basic math skills with ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Proven customer service skills and communication skills; able to read and interpret English language manuals relating to safety, operations, and procedures
- Flexible in scheduling based on business demands
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Previous customer service, hospitality, and/or retail experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a variety of tasks with minimal direction
- Previous experience with cash transactions and Point of Sale systems
- Proven teamwork skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Able to bend, stretch, twist repeatedly
- Ability to perform all licensed services