JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 9923310 Date posted 11/08/2018 Location Grapevine, Texas Job Type Part time - Temporary
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Ensures and implements all Spa Ritual traditions and standards.
- Performs all skin care and waxing services, as licensed, to the highest level of professionalism.
- Follows spa service traditions to ensure service standards and consistency are met.
- Ensures spa atmosphere remains consistent with brand.
- Has excellent knowledge of all spa services and retail.
- Has an awareness of the importance of intention in their work on a daily basis.
- Has excellent knowledge of the skin, it's anatomy, functions, and common issues and can adapt each treatment according to the needs of the guest.
- Has excellent knowledge of skin care products used in spa; their purpose and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable on proper waxing techniques.
- Remains updated on how to perform each treatment with consistency.
- Participates in regularly scheduled esthetic and spa team meetings and cross-training opportunities.
- Participate in any required trainings and implement practices that are taught.
- Educates and sells skin care to guest and meets all retail sales goals.
- Performs housekeeping duties as assigned in spa and treatment room.
- Ensures spa reception area, serenity room, and treatment rooms are clean and maintained.
- Promotes spa and services as assigned in lodge and community.
- Ensures all state and company sanitation requirements are met and followed.
- Takes care of his/her own well-being by having good skin care and wellness practices.
- Current with the industry trends.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Diploma from approved Esthetic program.
- Holds current state skin care license.
- Experience as an Esthetician or advanced skin care training preferred.
- Previous customer service/hospitality experience.
- Previous retail sales experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of spa software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication, and time management.
- Ability to work in a team environment with professional demeanor.
- Ability to read and write English, to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals.
- Basic math skills with ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands.
- Flexibility to be cross-trained in other spa functions/services.
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
- Able to lift or push up to 30 pounds, bending, stretching, and able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform all licensed services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.