Director of Food and Beverage
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 10527526 Date posted 01/14/2019 Location Grapevine, Texas Job Type Full-time - Regular
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub departments.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve a profitable result.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, orientating & training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department, which will provide well-trained employees at all levels. Permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development.
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets food and beverage financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Participates with the Executive Chef in the creation of attractive and merchandising menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation, minimizing waste and ensuring high quality of preparation. Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub departments.
- Assist all managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desire standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the individual restaurants and banquet service. Recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintains safe, secure, and health environment by establishing, following and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, utensil quality and placement, and monitoring food presentation and service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, attending seminars and trade shows.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, i.e. exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Designs the organization for optimal customer service. Promotes excellence by providing superior service to each customer.
- Charismatic leader who adjusts leadership style to motivate diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcome challenges.
- Expects excellence from others and tolerates no less. Inspires people to accomplish the extraordinary
- Develops detailed, realistic, and comprehensive plans that support organizational objectives. Effectively allocates resources and time across groups or departments.
- Track record of leading teams to achieve extraordinary goals. Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve beyond expectations.
- Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals. Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Takes an exhaustive approach to every task. Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning, and implementation of every work effort.
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of programs that assure a safe facility and work environment that is incompliance with all appropriate regulations--Ergonomics, Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs.
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Completes several concurrent tasks.
- Ability to develop rapport with client management and maintain strong working relationships.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in restaurant, bar, banquet, stewarding, kitchen, sales, catering and management required.
- Lift up to 15 lbs., sit and/or stand for long periods
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.