Job Summary: The Maintenance Technician 1 oversees the day to day engineering operations in the lodge. This includes but is not limited to project management, general life safety, ordering, working with vendors. Responsible for completing preventative maintenance and repairs through-out the hotel guestrooms, public spaces, equipment, buildings & grounds.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and kitchen and mechanical room equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment, plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Assure each day's activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Ensures that all work performed is conducted in a safe and timely manner adhering to standards of safety and effective equipment utilization.
- Maintains working knowledge of departmental safety procedures. Attends safety-training programs and in-service as required for continued development.
- Maintains the necessary service records on mechanical and structural systems.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are followed for park operation, employee relations, timekeeping and safety. Including ensuring all daily, weekly and monthly documentation is being completed.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by the Enineering Supervisor.