Banquet Captain - Full Time - $18.00/hr - Experienced Required - Open Availability (21+)Apply Now Job ID BANQU10623 Date posted 02/03/2021 Location Colorado Springs, Colorado Job Type Full Time
At Great Wolf, the Banquet Captain is responsible for ensuring the overall satisfaction for event and meeting guests. The Banquet Captain oversees a team of banquet set-up and servers, serves food and beverages to banquet guests and takes food and beverage orders when there are not enough servers present.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, supervise and participate in set-up to include; moving/setting tables and chairs, buffet set-up, bar set-up, preparation of condiments, labeling of stations, anticipating beverage needs, etc.
- Assist Banquet Manager in administrative and personnel related matters, including; scheduling, time clock reviews, overtime, performance, discipline, investigations, training and development, etc.
- Read and interpret Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and follow instructions from Banquet Manager
- Facilitate and lead departmental meetings such as pre-meal and post-meal briefings
- Possess a deep understanding of each event and function as the point of contact for that detail
- Establish the Order of Service and follow service standards as directed by the Banquet Manager and/or the Conference Center Family Traditions and maintain event timing to ensure service occurs properly and in a timely manner
- Assign service stations to banquet servers, anticipating good, balanced working teams
- Ensure all assigned side-work and pre-work needed for future events is completed before leaving
- Supervise and inspect the clean up after all functions including; floors, dishes, equipment and supplies have been properly cleaned and stored as appropriate
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience as a server
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling based on business demands
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Previous Banquet experience
- Prior Banquet Captain Experience
- Strong leadership skills and proven teamwork
- Projects professional image that inspires trust and confidence
- Enthusiastic and positive energy
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand for long periods of time