Senior Project Executive
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 12002906 Date posted 05/24/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois Job Type Full-time - Regular
Job Summary: The Senior Project Executive will be responsible for the successful construction and turnover of selected Great Wolf Resort projects. He/She will ensure that all assigned projects are constructed according to the project budget, schedule, design documents and site safety plan. This may include direct responsibility and oversight of a dedicated project director through all phases of construction including pre-construction, estimating, value engineering, scheduling, procurement, shop drawing review, contractor coordination, construction, commissioning, close-out and turn-over to operations. This position will be required to track and report on job progress and budget against baseline projections to Senior Management during all phases of the project. The role will require significant coordination with other GWR project stakeholders including development and pre-construction managers and operations. This individual may also be required to work across different functions of the project including safety, security, purchasing, FF&E procurement, cost, accounting and finance. This position will report to the Head of Global Construction and will directly manage outside third party construction companies engaged and contracted to perform the work.
Assist others with Pre-Construction including:
- Value Engineering
- Constructability Reviews
- Review of any applicable contract requirements with associated parties
- Site Logistics and coordination
Bidding / Procurement
In conjunction with the Contractor:
- Establish procurement schedule taking into account project schedule and product lead/approval times and long lead items to ensure timely procurement.
- Incorporate long lead time procurement into overall project procurement strategy
- Break up trade work into bid packages, prepare scope of work and understand the division of work in terms of the overall construction strategy
- Establish bidders list
- Establish Bid documents
- Receive, analyze and level bids
- Prepare bids and contracts for award by Sr. Management
- Participate in contract negotiations as required
- Review all contracts and purchase orders=
- Plan, direct and report on the project progress and schedule. Inform management of any issues and potential mitigation techniques as soon as possible.
- Hold weekly meetings with the project team to manage the project. This includes the management of safety items, submittals, RFIs, schedule, budget, logistics, and overall work progress.
- Insure quality completion of construction work. Enforce and monitor construction progress in accordance with the contract documents and quality control procedures.
- Coordinate with trades and suppliers to ensure products arrive on time and building is ready to accept such delivery and installation.
- Actively manage and review the project cost reports including Change Events and the Anticipated Cost Report. Identify possible exposures or budget issues as early as possible and report to Sr. Management with issue(s) and mitigation strategy.
- Ensure that cost reporting is accurately reflecting project progress.
- Review and recommend action on all change orders for Sr. Management
- Create project cash flows and update cash flows on a regular basis to adjust for work accomplished and progress.
Contract Close-Out and Turn-Over
- Cause and manage the timely completion of punch-list work.
- Complete commissioning and contractor close-out activities.
- Make sure the GWR operations team has received the required warranty, maintenance, operation and required close-out information.
- 15 years of experience leading a design and construction program for a resort or hospitality company
- Knowledge of MEPs
- Strong project management skills, results-driven, adaptable with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to properly assess critical issues and develop proper solutions balancing aesthetic, functional, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Strategic and has the agility to toggle quickly between disparate tasks
- Strong managerial and people motivation skills
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in engineering or architecture
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- Tenacious; focused on driving towards and achieving the desired outcome
- Naturally thinks and acts like an owner
- Creative and innovative problem-solver
- Superior interpersonal skills:
- Ease in working with people up and down the organization hierarchy.
- Naturally adaptive to different audiences.
- Diplomatically assertive.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism. Demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity; always seeking new approaches and challenging the organization to new levels of success.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.