Regional Director of Finance
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 12338764 Date posted 06/25/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois Job Type Full-time - Regular
Summary: At Great Wolf the Regional Director of Finance is responsible for the financial strategy, policies, controls, and systems, designing these to maximize the return and profitability for the region.
Strategic Influence & Business Partnering
- Partner with corporate line of business to lead and support company projects and lead strategic initiatives.
- Partner with property General Managers (GMs) and Regional Vice Presidents of Operations (RVPs) to build and deliver strategic and financial plans and lead the annual and long term operating and capital investment plans.
- Coordinate, analyze and report operational and financial performance to Regional and Corporate Management (projections and other special projects as required).
- Support efforts to identify, monitor and mitigate areas of financial risk.
- Update and implement lodge specific financial policies and procedures and ensure consistency across the region.
- Lead, in partnership with Lodge Director of Finance, the regular cadence of performance management updates and discussions with RVPs and corporate finance.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Direct and administer all financial operations of the region's resorts to include, but not limited to asset protection, financial reporting, systems management, budget and forecasting.
- Assist with coordination and review of monthly profit and loss statements with Directors of Finance, RVPs, GMs and CFO/CAO.
- Coordinate and partner with financial shared services center and third-party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, state and local tax authorities) to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved to ensure accuracy of financial statements and adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Delivery of financial performance through improvement and growth of working capital and EBITDA.
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable and Chargeback Centers.
- Oversee Labor Management System (Unifocus) functions and analytics.
Operational & Financial Controls
- Monitor and maintain adequate internal control over revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities of the resort (customer billing, paycheck distribution, cash machine management, and contract review and compliance, etc.).
- Ensure financial, cash, operational and fraud controls framework is in place, and has a regular cadence of compliance monitoring of internal controls that identifies gaps and puts in place remediation.
- Plan and support the Finance function for future lodge openings and company growth.
- Coach and guide the Lodge Director of Finance regarding property expense management through business performance management by reviewing labor models, cost of sales, operating expenses, and repair & maintenance costs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a finance or accounting environment
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel with demonstrated ability to perform analysis and modeling
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other financial systems
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Ability to relocate as necessary
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
- CPA and/ or MBA
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in theme park or hotel industry
- Multi-property financial management experience
- Supply chain management experience
- Previous experience with Coupa, Tableau, and/or Sun Accounting system
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to lift up to 20lbs
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time