Product Manager- eCommerce
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 10007658 Date posted 11/19/2018 Location Chicago, Illinois Job Type Full-time - Regular
Job Purpose: Create, define features and innovate on trends to optimize conversion, drive sales, and allow guests to self-service through our digital channels. This role is located in Chicago, Illinois
- Develop the roadmap strategy, vision, business benefits, and prioritization of goals for desktop and mobile experience, focusing on strategic booking engine initiatives.
- Maintain deep understanding initiatives to develop requirements for features and work alongside development to determine technical feasibility.
- Keep up to date with evolving ecommerce and technology trends, and explore new and effective products or enhancements that will improve site & mobile experiences to lift user traffic, engagement, and conversion.
- Collaborate effectively with executive and department stakeholders within the division to understand the needs of the business as it relates to digital and omni-channel.
- Become the authority on our guests and evangelize the needs and opportunities for enhancing the customer experience.
- Develop deep product understanding to determine useful ways for guests to use smart technology to enhance their experience pre stay and onsite.
- Collaborate with the engineering and design teams to manage timelines and frequent product iterations.
- Contribute to the collection of relevant data to track the success of new programs and features and know how and when to make decisions when you don't have all the data you might want.
- Develops senior leadership presentations and business cases to drive buy-in
- Leverage user research to understand the needs of consumers and make data driven decisions pre and post implementation.
- Proactively suggest enhancements to increase usability, surprise and delight and personalization.
- Be hands on: work with leaders in Operations and Revenue Management to continually optimize conversion and increase revenue per visit in our digital channels.
- 3-6 years' experience in product management in a technology or e-commerce company. Experience optimizing bottom of funnel conversion and AOV in an e-commerce role preferred.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for new technology, be forward thinking and continuously researching disruptors and disruptive technologies to execute on innovative trends
- Bias for collaborative action (team player who can drive action). Entrepreneurial mindset of finding a way even with roadblocks.
- Deep knowledge and experience managing A/B and multivariate optimization testing, including tools like Optimizely.
- Excellent understanding of eCommerce KPIs and conversion and monetization levers
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills (e.g. CLV-driven models)
- An analytical approach to testing new features. Experience working with data to inform decisions and create experiences
- Strong communication, story telling and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to speak on a technical level and communicate clearly with developers and engineers
- Strong interest in the learning, and in improving how consumers consume and interact with our digital experiences
- Excellent understanding of Lean and "small batch" concepts