Merchandise Planning and Allocation Analyst
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 8116493 Date posted 05/16/2018 Location Chicago, Illinois Job Type Full-time - Regular
Summary: The Merchandise Planning & Allocations Analyst role exists to develop class & location level retail revenue and profit plans across multiple vertical classifications/categories, allocate products to retail locations in the chain and analyze the retail business to provide mission critical insights from which to build strategy. To be successful in this role, a candidate must have exceptional financial & organizational skills, possess deep industry connections and trend insight, demonstrate a high level business acumen and showcase a passion for data and analytics. A quick ramp up is essential -- the successful candidate must quickly develop an understanding of the Great Wolf Lodge brand and establish close working relationships throughout the organization.
- Build a comprehensive divisional retail plan strategy around and entire divisional item portfolio consisting of 2,000 unique items and over 100 suppliers ensuring that the strategy aligns with overall strategic direction of the Merchandise division.
- Partner extensively with product development peer team on integration of plans around key initiatives that cross divisions such as resort logo, dated, character and other programs tie together seamlessly.
- Discern insights based in understanding relevant market trends, key business performance metrics and operational feedback to develop right fit assortments for Great Wolf Resorts.
- Develop revenue and profit plans that will inform quarterly line review cadence to showcase financial plans/product strategy to executive leadership and operations retail leaders.
- Develop, along with Product Development, a comprehensive supplier strategy inclusive of rationalization, negotiation, communication, tracking, social and product compliance, etc.
- Partner in developing key retail reporting targeted at a deeper insights into what is and isn't driving the retail business and adjusting course as warranted in real time.
- Prepare weekly reporting and dashboarding and initiative reporting for leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Fashion Merchandising or related
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Retail Planning, Allocation and Analysis including plans at item, program, trend analysis and open-to-buy management.
- Demonstrated experience managing quarterly (or higher frequency) product/planning development timeline cadence, and planning programs that effectively align and inform employees and leadership around key business priorities.
- Strong presentation and writing skills with knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, MSWord, MS Excel (with SAS, Tableau, DataWorks, Data Vision, MS BI, etc a plus)
- Demonstrated experience working with C-suite executives on strategy communication / line reviews.
- Demonstrated ability to develop compelling analysis from a wide spectrum of internal and external
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience within the resort, hotel, theme park or hospitality industry, or consumer-friendly brand.
- Advanced degree in Business and/or Applied Analytics
- 7-10 Years of experience in retail Planning, Allocation and Retail Analytics
- A combination of both supplier and retailer planning experience
- Credentialed in retail organization leadership/involvement such as NRF, IAAPA, WWD, RILA, etc.