Director of Digital Product Management & Design
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 12393077 Date posted 06/27/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois Job Type Full-time - Regular
Job Purpose: Own design and functionality of all consumer facing digital products. Deliver a best in class digital experience across all customer touchpoints using evolving digital technologies.
Job Summary: Manage all aspects of digital product development, design, and research. Work directly with Digital Development team, Marketing, Revenue Management, and Operations to drive a world-class guest experience journey using an Agile methodology.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Director of Digital Product Management will be a key partner to the VP of Digital. The leader will be responsible for overseeing digital guest experience both online and in-property. The successful candidate will bring strong knowledge of planning and delivering great customer experiences across mobile and desktop and will have a strong record of motivating product teams to deliver on financial targets through e-commerce.
There are 2 main components to this role:
- Define a great experience to guests on greatwolf.com and help with discovery and booking a stay. This channel delivers a significant portion of Great Wolf's overall revenues. The ideal candidate will be highly results driven and will use a data driven approach to constantly test and learn to operationally drive higher revenues through a variety of levers using technology, UX, creative, copy etc.
- Post-booking, use digital and technology tools to wow guests through the entire lifecycle to ensure they have a fantastic experience with their families. This is an evolving space across the entire industry and the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to own, define and execute on a superlative guest experience using a variety of evolving technologies.
The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record of innovation having created or evolved a best-in-class, fully integrated, digital capability within a complex company landscape that is consumer-facing and customer-centric.
Defining Products - Based on customer / organization needs
- Own long and short term product strategy, including product plan with delivery date and milestones, to support the entire customer journey and lifecycle: shopping/booking; post-booking/pre-arrival; on-property; loyalty/LTV management.
- Periodic strategy / development updates for the company, including the executive team and digital steering committee.
- Build reference POVs on new technology/concepts/channels that would elevate digital channel revenue, experience, and/or service capabilities.
- Develop and maintain product requirement documents, including stories, documentation for third party integrations, CMS documentation, and site functionality knowledge base (Confluence).
- Produce ROI of new product and experience opportunities, used to drive priority and scale of development team (both internal and external).
- Give development team clear and concise information about customer needs. Drive efficiency by removing the conversation between business need and technology.
- A/B and Multivariate testing of new features. Determine most profitable/efficient strategies by planning and prioritizing ongoing test pipeline.
- Coordinate digital channel operations including content changes and updates to ensure user experience best practices and deliver on revenue and margin goals for the company.
- Use human centric design to standardize and evolve user experience
- Detailed competitive and market set analysis, including competitive analysis, ensuring an accurate and non-biased picture of competition.
- Ensure product superiority / parity.
- Customer research to determine critical features required for the products.
- Surveys and customer interviews to rapidly and inexpensively validate ideas.
- Market research through secondary research sources such as analyst firms and industry experts.
- Work directly with the Agency of record to understand offline marketing initiatives and how digital channels can support campaign goals.
Liaison / Break Wall for Engineering
- Prevent "ideas" from capitalizing on tight tech resources -- act as a buffer between the field and development, ensuring that development is working on the highest priority projects.
- Determine feature versus schedule tradeoffs.
- Make difficult feature decisions based on business need and technology factors.
- Coordinate quality assurance process including diagnosis of 'bugs' between field and development/design.
- Coordinate maintenance items between field and development.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related degree
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a relevant digital product management leadership role
- Product, analytics, and UX experience with large scale, responsive B2C site. Mobile app experience required.
- Strong analysis and process design skills. Good understanding of user experience concepts.
- Strong understanding of the product development lifecycle, particularly Agile product management. Experience bringing a new product from concept to market and optimizing once live.
- MBA or Master's degree preferred
- Highly analytical and proficient with making smart data driven decisions to scale business quickly
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Jira, LivePlans or Portfolio (as well as other Atlassian products), and Foresee. Drupal or other open source CMS experience a plus.
- Experience in driving digital experiences in physical environments highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in prioritization, organization, and time management in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities
- Critical business analysis skills -- ability to hone in on real business impact and sorting through anecdotal reasoning, comfortable working with analysts and quantitative analysis