Director, Development Finance
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 13019588 Date posted 08/20/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois Job Type Full-time - Regular
- Ownership of various stages of underwriting for domestic and international development opportunities including initial feasibility models as well as in depth pro forma building.
- Coordinate cross-functional due diligence including research related to municipal incentives, joint ventures, labor market conditions, tax implications, etc.
- Provide financial analysis that evaluates the anticipated performance of each project, drawing on market research, analysis of construction costs, and an understanding of strategic objectives. The analysis includes pro-forma cash flow models that test feasibility under a range of project sensitivities, market assumptions, financing alternatives, and disposition strategies which impact project returns.
- Prepare and present investment memos and other necessary materials for review by internal executives, ownership, and Board of Directors.
- General support on various projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience, including time spent in investment banking, private equity, or real estate development financing.
- Strong analytical background with demonstrated MS Excel expertise.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence cross-functionally and across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated attention to detail -- able to complete tasks with high level of accuracy.
- Strong experience building detailed financial and operational models.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines.
- MBA or advanced degree in Finance, Economics, Business or a related field
- Experience in real estate or hospitality. International experience would be a plus.
- Strong commitment to providing excellence in client service and a demonstrated ability of producing high quality results
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and handle multiple re-prioritizations