Corporate Procurement Manager
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 12193268 Date posted 06/12/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois Job Type Full-time - Regular
The Procurement Manager will support the procurement organization in areas such as vendor RFI's/RFP's, vendor qualification, data analysis and recommendation, purchase requisition creation, and supplier management for all lodges across the brand and 6,000+ pack members. The Procurement Manager would also assume responsibility for owning and managing specific spend categories within the organization and serve as the category manager and developer and champion of national programs in the space. This role will also engage and support stakeholders to build consensus and ensure pack member buy-in as we operationalize programs across functions and lodge locations. A quick ramp up is essential -- the successful candidate must quickly develop an understanding of Great Wolf processes and establish close and supportive working relationships -- not only with the Procurement team and departmental stakeholders and pack members, but external subject matter experts as well.
- Provide strategy support of assigned supply chain commodities. Define scope; manage multiple initiatives and individual project scope and timelines; facilitate the resolution of issues across multiple functions.
- Support cross-functional collaboration and external engagement as needed for day-to-day coordination of project activity milestones and action items including vendor on-boarding, purchase requisition creation, order tracking, and delivery.
- Partner with Procurement team members to coordinate resources needed to execute individual project roles and assignments.
- Partner with various stakeholder teams to ensure technical aspects of identified projects are thoroughly planned, validated, and verified for appropriate Procurement involvement. Escalate issues as needed and work to resolution.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or business-related discipline
- Minimum 4 years' experience in Procurement or related discipline
- Experience owning and executing new Procurement projects and program initiatives
- Experience driving RFI's, RFP's, and vendor summary assessments
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with business partners, peers, and individuals in leadership positions
- Demonstrated ability to move projects forward to completion with little oversight
- Strong office and project organizational skills, attention to detail, accountability to meet deadlines, passion for strategy and negotiation
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in and manage large data sets; power user of excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, etc)
- Experience working with and managing multiple 3rd party vendors
- Contract negotiation experience or relevant exposure
- Familiarity working with Coupa P2P system