“Great Wolf Lodge has recently become aware of fraudulent emails purporting to offer employment at Great Wolf and misusing the official Great Wolf logos. These emails do not originate from Great Wolf or any of our affiliates. If you have received any such email, you should not click any links in the email or provide any personal information (e.g., your social security number or scans of identity documents). You will only be contacted by Great Wolf if you have applied through our jobs website, if you engage with our recruiter Emma or if you speak with a Great Wolf HR team member directly at a hiring event.”
Corporate Financial Analyst
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 12837698 Date posted 08/08/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois Job Type Full-time - Regular
JOB SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst will support leadership's growth, effectiveness, and efficiency initiatives across the company through the utilization of business intelligence systems and data analysis. This role will be deployed across the business, typically working on multiple projects at a time.
- Leverage business intelligence systems, robust data analytics, and strategic thinking to perform analysis related to the Finance team's current initiatives and effectively communicate findings
- Utilize database technologies and Excel to develop, improve, and/or maintain standard reporting processes and design new analyses in collaboration with management
- Prepare and distribute certain regularly scheduled and ad hoc reports, budgets, and forecasts using best technological practices
- Provide support to the Finance team on cross-functional projects including (but not limited to) work related to operations, revenue management, capital investment analysis, group sales, and specific property performance
- Provide as needed support for corporate and senior management, including (but not limited to) annual strategy reviews, corporate budgets, executive leadership team/board of director presentations, and corporate transactions (e.g., corporate financings, M&A activities, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of materials for internal reporting to senior management/owners by identifying appropriate metrics, collecting data, synthesizing findings, and presenting pertinent information
- Manage detailed operating/financial valuation models
- Identify issues, opportunities, and their key drivers through analyses performed/reports prepared, present conclusions to management
- Proactively seek out opportunities to better inform the team's data-driven decisions through improved quality of data presented.
- Minimum four year degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Hospitality, or related field.
- Demonstrated interest in working with database systems.
- Excellent analytical skills and detailed knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and retain information quickly.
- A successful candidate will embody personal attributes that will enable them to quickly add value to the Great Wolf organization, including:
- Passion -- wants to make an impact and cares about the business and brand
- Curiosity -- wants to understand how things work and how to make them better
- Drive -- self-starter that is able to juggle multiple priorities across the business
- Analytics -- bring an analytical perspective to solve business challenges
- Judgement -- applies experience, facts, and intuition to assess situations and define solutions
- Influence -- ability to relate to and influence across the organization
- Attitude -- a can-do, roll up the sleeves approach, working in a fast-paced environment