Associate Merchandise Planner
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 12722963 Date posted 07/29/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois Job Type Full-time - Regular
Summary: The Associate Merchandise Allocations Analyst role is an early career Merchandise Planner that analyzes inventory and replenishes merchandise by SKU, by lodge. To be successful in this role, a candidate must have exceptional organizational & analytical skills, demonstrate business acumen, and demonstrate a passion for data and analytics. A quick ramp up is essential -- the successful candidate must quickly develop an understanding of the Great Wolf Lodge brand and establish close working relationships throughout the organization.
- Analyze store inventory levels and effectively manage inventory allocation in the Data Works system.
- Analyze product flow and sales trend to accurately forecast future product needs.
- Assist Merchandise Planner in the analysis of assortment allocation by facility.
- Review and maintain optimal stock levels by classification through use of Min/Max replenishment tools in the Data Works system.
- Enter Purchase Orders into Data Works system
- Assist Buyer/Merchant team in SKU setups in the Data Works system
- Analyze sales performance, make recommendations for necessary adjustments, cancellations or additions to current assortment & coordinate and distribute weekly business reporting.
- Work closely with Planner on ad hoc analysis and special projects.
- Work with buying and product development team on assortment for new lodge openings and execute delivery.
- Associates degree in Business Administration, Fashion Merchandising or related
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Retail Planning, Allocation and Analysis including plans at item, program, trend analysis and open-to-buy management.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting in managing quarterly (or higher frequency) product/planning development timeline cadence, and planning programs that effectively align and inform employees and leadership around key business priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong presentation and writing skills with knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, MSWord, MS Excel (with SAS, Tableau, DataWorks, Data Vision, MS BI, etc a plus)
- Experience within the resort, hotel, theme park or hospitality industry, or consumer-friendly brand.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business and/or Systems administration/purchase order coordiantion
- 3+ Years of experience in retail Planning, Allocation and Retail Analytics