Ropes Course Attendant
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 11645829 Date posted 04/24/2019 Location Centralia, Washington Job Type Part-time - Regular
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook and Ropes Course International Training Guidelines.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate proper use of harness.
- Must be able to outfit all participants by choosing the correct size harness and make the needed adjustments to fit their body.
- Knowledge and ability to inspect all safety equipment and understand when something is unsafe.
- Properly attach the sling line to a participant's harness, make correct adjustment in the length of the sling line, and consistently inspect the slider assembly for any damage or deformation before inserting it into the overhead track.
- Ability to monitor all participants and surroundings.
- Ability to assess possible emergency situations.
- Capability and understanding to assist scared participants.
- Possesses a general knowledge of resort operations.
- Enforces the rules and regulations of the dry play area.
- Advises aquatics management of unsafe and unsanitary conditions.
- Provides superior customer service to all guests by assisting all in a polite and expedient manner.
- Complete daily inspection maintenance checklists to ensure neat and orderly appearance.
- Maintains the daily operation of the ropes course within the guidelines of retail operating procedures (where appropriate).
- Maintain the highest standards in areas of cleanliness and service.
- Follows all state regulations associated with attraction operating procedures in accordance with the Department of Agriculture.
- 18 years or older.
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands.
- Must successfully complete annual training that covers operating procedures and technical competencies after one year.
- Must be able to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Comfortable being in close proximity to people of all ages and genders.
- Must be comfortable being at heights of 30+ ft. (4.6m) or more extended periods of time.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- 100% attendance and successful completion of Ropes Course (RCI) training sessions.
- Must be able to communicate with staff and participants clearly.
- Enthusiasm and a high energy level required to create a fun exciting atmosphere.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
- Capable of bending, stooping, climbing, standing for long periods of time, etc.
- Ability to insert and remove the puck of the slider assembly into and out of the overhead track.
- Able to lift up to 15lbs. and able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs on daily basis.
- Must be comfortable in working in varying weather conditions.
- Must have the dexterity to pinch/squeeze with force
- Must have the ability to fully extend your arm overhead.
- Candidates with previous, neck, back, shoulder, wrist, arm, and knee injuries may have difficulty with this position.