Director of Housekeeping
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 10048912 Date posted 11/27/2018 Location Centralia, Washington Job Type Full-time - Regular
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Trains new employees and provides continued training for current employees.
- Insures the cleanliness of resort (rooms and public area).
- Oversees the safe keeping and record keeping of resort guests' lost and found.
- Schedules (or approves schedules) for housekeeping department, including laundry, public area, room attendants, housemen, stockmen, bed makers, assistants, and floor managers.
- Completes and communicates maintenance work orders.
- Ensures guest requests are handled in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensures accuracy of nightly housekeeping reports and investigates discrepancies.
- Attends weekly director's meeting and communicate information to housekeeping staff members.
- Ensures employment forms are completed and submitted, including personnel attendance logs.
- Investigates, reports and records inappropriate behavior by staff, guests or suspicious persons.
- Conducts linen and supply inventories monthly to submit to General Manager.
- Maintains proper staffing levels. Ensures linen storage rooms, trash rooms, and housekeeping carts are clean, organized, and properly inventoried for next day's activities.
- Ensures combustible substances are removed from storage areas.
- Ensures housekeeping areas meet fire chief and state fire inspector standards.
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of programs that assures a safe facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations--Ergonomics, Emergency Responses, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs.
- Assists floor managers.
- Charismatic leader who adjusts leadership style to motivate diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcomes challenges.
- Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve success beyond expectations.
- Excellent management skills including conflict resolution, coaching, development and teamwork.
- Takes an exhaustive approach to every task.
- Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning and implementations of every work task.
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of programs that assure a safe facility and work environment that is incompliance with all appropriate regulations--Ergonomics, Emergency Responses, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs.
- Extensive experience in hotel or resort management required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.