JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 12998790 Date posted 08/19/2019 Location Bloomington, Minnesota Job Type Full-time - Regular
Become one of over 6,000 dedicated individuals who take pride in being a part of the leading brand in the indoor waterpark resort industry. With 13 resorts (and counting) across North America, Great Wolf Lodge offers unparalleled operational excellence and growth opportunities for pack members. We pride ourselves in providing an environment where we exceed guest expectations, while providing our pack members with a safe and friendly work environment where they can flourish.
Members of our Kids Experience team lead child-focused events and activities at the lodge, and also represent Great Wolf Lodge at offsite community events. Whether functioning as a Character or an Ambassador of Fun, you will enhance the guest experience and build the Great Wolf brand through your performances and engagement with guests and community members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all branded experiences consistently and according to Great Wolf Family Tradition procedures.
- Maintain a safe, clean and professional environment during the organization, coordination, and production of branded experiences.
- Responsible for all aspects of Character appearances and Entertainment at the property, including:
- Perform Wolf Walk, Story Time, and other brand events/experiences
- Perform and provide support to community appearances. This includes, but is not limited to, sponsor events, charity events, tradeshows, media events, and private functions.
- Responsible for maintaining Character costume, including care, cleaning, and maintenance.
- Distribute Great Wolf Lodge promotional items designed to enhance the guest experience and increase guest attendance at events.
- Responsible for all aspects of operation of Cub Club rooms, including:
- Adhering to standards of cleanliness and operational excellence.
- Ensuring a positive, upbeat, and enthusiastic atmosphere is maintained at all times
- Ensuring that all Cub Club items are brand consistent and meeting brand guidelines.
- Assist with inventory of event and activity materials; replenish as needed.
- Support Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative.
- Promote a safe and professional workplace by adhering to policies and procedures outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Charismatic, energetic and outgoing personality; positive attitude.
- Ability to work weekend, evenings, and holidays; must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize various projects.
- Experience in Entertainment, Hospitality, Education or a related field preferred.
- Experience in Character performance preferred.
- Comfortable working with children.
- Ability to learn new skills, such as face painting, balloon making, or other event-related entertainment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate safety rules and operational procedures to guests of all ages in a manner that ensures comprehension.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to maintain composure in Character suits; conditions include heat and humidity for periods of up to 30 minutes.