JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 10843810 Date posted 02/09/2019 Location Bloomington, Minnesota Job Type Part-time - Regular
Become one of over 6,000 dedicated individuals who take pride in being a part of the leading brand in the indoor waterpark resort industry. With 13 resorts (and counting) across North America, Great Wolf Lodge offers unparalleled operational excellence and growth opportunities for pack members. We pride ourselves in providing an environment where we exceed guest expectations, while providing our pack members with a safe and friendly work environment where they can flourish.
Our Bartenders service guests at our various bar locations throughout our lodges. Good Bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers' expectations, and provide an outstanding customer experience through their demeanor and knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare drinks for guests, including beer, wine, cocktails, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Assess customer needs and preferences and make recommendations.
- Maintain attractive and orderly appearance of bar area through arrangement of bottles & glassware.
- Ensure bar area adheres to highest standards of cleanliness, presentation, and service.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe and secure bar area by enforcing standards and procedures for alcohol consumption; comply with all legal regulations.
- Monitor customers' alcohol consumption and refuse service and/or call for alternate transportation as necessary.
- Maintain supplies via ordering, requisitioning, or re-stocking snacks, liquors, beers, wines, and non-alcoholic beverages; replace kegs/beer barrels; prepare garnishes.
- Enhance skillset and knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; stay abreast of industry trends; experiment with new cocktail recipes.
- Perform cash-handling functions, including point-of-sale (POS) system, registers, and daily reporting.
- Support Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative.
- Promote a safe and professional workplace by adhering to policies and procedures outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of beer, wine, cocktails, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Thorough understanding of sanitation-related issues; knowledge of precautions necessary to ensure a clean beverage preparation environment.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent communication skills and outgoing personality.
- Strong organization skills.
- Prior bartending experience strongly preferred.
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands.
- Must successfully complete criminal background check and drug screen.
- Lift up to 30lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Great Wolf Lodge will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.