Director of Retail & AttractionsApply Now Job ID DIRRE10121 Date posted 01/06/2021 Location Baraboo, Wisconsin Job Type Full Time
The Director of Retail & Attractions brings joy to families by leading the retail and attractions team to success. This role exists to build excellent teams, train and coach pack members to reach their potential as they facilitate fun and memorable experiences for our guests. This position exists to execute the retail and attraction strategy and SOPs, draw performance insights out of trend analysis/business KPI's/operational observations, develop lodge action plans based on those insights and measure results to adjust strategy as appropriate.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily operation of all retail areas including gift shops and attractions
- Oversees all merchandising functions including store display and design, inventory, tracking and analyzing, merchandise purchasing, par levels and pricing, merchandise/materials sourcing. Manages staff of managers, supervisors, leads, pack members to including interviewing, hiring, scheduling, performance reviews, and corrective action
- Drive employee engagement and ensure employees deliver sales based services by engaging every guest, every time
- Provide training and coaching for team on how to deliver guest experience and revenue results
- Build a comprehensive retail & attractions strategy by outlet ensuring that the strategy aligns with overall corporate strategic direction
- Build and maintain accurate budgets including building framework for annual & five year planning and capital needs at the lodge
- Act as the key liaison & primary point of contact on all retail/attractions related projects, builds, initiatives and ensure budgets and timelines are being adhered to
- Discern insights based in understanding relevant market and guest population trends, key business performance metrics and operational feedback to develop appropriate plans and forecasts for the retail & attractions business by outlet/by lodge
- Partner in developing key retail reporting targeted at deeper insights into what is and isn't driving the retail & attractions businesses and adjusting course as warranted in real time
- Partner extensively with peer team on integration of key initiatives that cross divisions such as Attractions, Food & Beverage, Operations, Rooms, etc.
- Serve as the key point of contact for onsite FEG Arcade manager and assist in communications to corporate on all arcade related issues and performance
- Act as the primary liaison for lodge related retail & attractions technology needs and partner closely with Corporate/lodge IT to deliver the tools and processes required to move the business forward in line with strategy
- Ensure all retail & attractions standard operating and preventative maintenance processes are being executed in the lodge
- Assists the General Manager in every day operations of the Resort with scheduled Manager on Duty shifts
- Assures that all Retail and Attractions areas achieve the highest standards in areas of cleanliness, safety, presentation and service
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field, Fashion Merchandising or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Parks, Resorts and/or Gaming Retail operations management
- Demonstrated experience in leading broad and diverse teams, developing strategy, managing projects/initiatives timelines & ability to manage major initiatives including all capex initiative coordination, project delivery, new resort retail location design
- Strong financial acumen including experience building and managing multi department budgets
- Strong presentation and writing skills with knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, MSWord, MS Excel
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
Desired Qualifications and Traits
- Demonstrated experience working with C-suite executives on strategy communication.
- Demonstrated communication and team building skills
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, stretch and twist
Check Out Our Wisconsin Dells, WI Lodge
Check Out These Opportunities In Our Pack!
- F&B Attendant (Part Time/$13 Hourly) Scottsdale, Arizona
- Aquatics Supervisor Grapevine, Texas
- Park Services Attendant Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
- Asst, Human Resources La Grange, Georgia
- Restaurant Prep Cook Kansas City, Kansas
- F&B Attendant Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota